Barnes And Noble - Illiterate and Unhelpful Customer Service
Look at this insane transcript with "Marie" from Barnes and Noble:
You are now connected with Marie from BN.com
Ron: Hi! I signed up for the Barnes & Noble Membership and ordered $26.50 of books but still got charged for shipping and handling. I thought I would receive free express shipping. Please advise.
Marie: Hi, Ron. Thank you for joining Barnes and Noble Chat. My name is Marie.
Marie: I hope you're doing fine.
Marie: You're welcome! I understand that you would like to know if you were billed for shipping fee. Is that right?
Marie: I'll be glad to check this for you.
Marie: Would it be alright if I put you on hold for a few minutes while I look up this information for you?
Ron: That's fine.
Marie: Thank you for waiting.
Ron: thank you
Ron: what's up?
Marie: Upon checking, it shows here that the items from your order is Marketplace item.
Ron: Sorry, I don't know what that means.
Marie: We regret to inform you that Marketplace item is not eligible for membership benefits. That is why your items are not eligible for Free Shipping.
Ron: Please cancel and refund the order.
Marie: We do apologize for the confusion this may have caused you.
Ron: And my membership.
Marie: As much as I'd like to cancel the order for you, only the Marketplace seller can process this request for you.
Marie: We may suggest that you contact the seller regarding this concern.
Ron: I'm getting on twitter right now
Ron: and letting everyone know your devious practices
Marie: To cancel your membership, I will be needing an information fro you.
Ron: I'm also going to take screenshots of this conversation
Marie: Do you already have your membership number?
Ron: I was not provided with a membership number
Marie: May I know when did sign up for membership?
Ron: Just now.
Ron: When I placed the order
Marie: Alright.I can submit a request to cancel the membership you have purchased.
Marie: Please be reminded once order has been placed only limited changes can be made. However, I can still submit a request to cancel your order. Would you like me to do it for you?
Ron: Only if a refund is made
Ron: You may want to escalate me to a supervisor
Marie: We can only refund you once the item has shipped. However, upon checking it shows here that the membership you have already purchased is now in shipping process. We regret to inform you that we can no longer cancel it.
Ron: Ok, so, you can refund me now that the items are already purchased and shipping, correct?
Ron: Also, the membership is delivered electronically, it does not require shipping.
Marie: We cannot refund you the items from your order because it is from marketplace seller.
Ron: I demand to speak with a supervisor.
Marie: And for the membership, we are needing a membership number to cancel it.
Ron: No membership number was provided.
Ron: I need a supervisor and / or a refund for this purchase.
Marie: And for your membership, it is afree trial.
Marie: There is no charged for it. We suggest that you contact us after 48 hours for us to be able to cancel it.
Ron: That's completely unacceptable.
Marie: I perfectly understand your situation, Ron.
Marie: You will really have to contact the seller so that your order will be canceled.
Ron: You are the ones who charged my card. You will also need to be the ones to cancel and refund the order.
Marie: The Marketplace seller can cancel the order for you. Since the item has not shipped yet, there is no charge on your account yet.
Ron: You just told me the order shipped.
Marie: That is the membership, it is in Ship Confirm. However, the other items which from Marketplace hasn;t shipped yet.
Ron: *which ARE from
Ron: You'd think a literacy brand would care more about your use of words.
Marie: Yes I am sorry, it should be which are from Marketplace Seller.
Ron: This has been very unpleasant on a lot of levels. I really need to be compensated for the time I have wasted because of your devious checkout processes.
Ron: *it should be which
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am selling thousands of books per month. and up to 20-30 a day. I took pictures and called about it to report my earnings, and the person on the phone..."
- "This is a classic "vanity poetry anthology" scam. They run a "free" contest, then use ALL but the unprintable submissions to fill books. These are NOT books of quality poetry..."
- "First off let start by saying I wish I had read the reviews before i wasted my money with this company. Although ya might say to yourself you can't please..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "Last year I brought furniture. From Bob's. Today I paid it off and purchased new furniture and was offer a warranty on my new purchase but never offered a warranty...."
- "My cat Charlotte was diagnosed with cancer this past September. We had the doctors at the Blue Pearl speciality hospital run tests, do x-rays, ct scans. The doctors said the..."
- "I have been a customer with At&t for 2 years, last year I got an IPhone 5 and my plan was renewed. For about a year and a half I..."