Barnes And Noble - Illiterate and Unhelpful Customer Service
Look at this insane transcript with "Marie" from Barnes and Noble:
You are now connected with Marie from BN.com
Ron: Hi! I signed up for the Barnes & Noble Membership and ordered $26.50 of books but still got charged for shipping and handling. I thought I would receive free express shipping. Please advise.
Marie: Hi, Ron. Thank you for joining Barnes and Noble Chat. My name is Marie.
Marie: I hope you're doing fine.
Marie: You're welcome! I understand that you would like to know if you were billed for shipping fee. Is that right?
Marie: I'll be glad to check this for you.
Marie: Would it be alright if I put you on hold for a few minutes while I look up this information for you?
Ron: That's fine.
Marie: Thank you for waiting.
Ron: thank you
Ron: what's up?
Marie: Upon checking, it shows here that the items from your order is Marketplace item.
Ron: Sorry, I don't know what that means.
Marie: We regret to inform you that Marketplace item is not eligible for membership benefits. That is why your items are not eligible for Free Shipping.
Ron: Please cancel and refund the order.
Marie: We do apologize for the confusion this may have caused you.
Ron: And my membership.
Marie: As much as I'd like to cancel the order for you, only the Marketplace seller can process this request for you.
Marie: We may suggest that you contact the seller regarding this concern.
Ron: I'm getting on twitter right now
Ron: and letting everyone know your devious practices
Marie: To cancel your membership, I will be needing an information fro you.
Ron: I'm also going to take screenshots of this conversation
Marie: Do you already have your membership number?
Ron: I was not provided with a membership number
Marie: May I know when did sign up for membership?
Ron: Just now.
Ron: When I placed the order
Marie: Alright.I can submit a request to cancel the membership you have purchased.
Marie: Please be reminded once order has been placed only limited changes can be made. However, I can still submit a request to cancel your order. Would you like me to do it for you?
Ron: Only if a refund is made
Ron: You may want to escalate me to a supervisor
Marie: We can only refund you once the item has shipped. However, upon checking it shows here that the membership you have already purchased is now in shipping process. We regret to inform you that we can no longer cancel it.
Ron: Ok, so, you can refund me now that the items are already purchased and shipping, correct?
Ron: Also, the membership is delivered electronically, it does not require shipping.
Marie: We cannot refund you the items from your order because it is from marketplace seller.
Ron: I demand to speak with a supervisor.
Marie: And for the membership, we are needing a membership number to cancel it.
Ron: No membership number was provided.
Ron: I need a supervisor and / or a refund for this purchase.
Marie: And for your membership, it is afree trial.
Marie: There is no charged for it. We suggest that you contact us after 48 hours for us to be able to cancel it.
Ron: That's completely unacceptable.
Marie: I perfectly understand your situation, Ron.
Marie: You will really have to contact the seller so that your order will be canceled.
Ron: You are the ones who charged my card. You will also need to be the ones to cancel and refund the order.
Marie: The Marketplace seller can cancel the order for you. Since the item has not shipped yet, there is no charge on your account yet.
Ron: You just told me the order shipped.
Marie: That is the membership, it is in Ship Confirm. However, the other items which from Marketplace hasn;t shipped yet.
Ron: *which ARE from
Ron: You'd think a literacy brand would care more about your use of words.
Marie: Yes I am sorry, it should be which are from Marketplace Seller.
Ron: This has been very unpleasant on a lot of levels. I really need to be compensated for the time I have wasted because of your devious checkout processes.
Ron: *it should be which
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Customer Service
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
You May Also Like
- "My sister & I sent a picture of our dad leaving the USS Latimer in August of 1945, just after Japan had surrendered. They had seen heavy battle in the..."
- "Yes , I went for the entire package over 3 thousand. And spent another 3 thousand to have my books printed in order to sell them myself.However, I have discovered..."
- "Look at this insane transcript with "Marie" from Barnes and Noble: You are now connected with Marie from BN.com Ron: Hi! I signed up for the Barnes & Noble Membership and ordered..."
- "WORST FLORIST EVER!!! Stay away!!! My husband ordered flowers for Valentine's Day from Florida. They arrived dead with brown petals and petals falling all over the place...."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "I looked at the Google reviews much too late. They claim to send you new items straight from the manufacturer but in actuality they are refurbished. I ordered a Plantronics..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."