Barnes And Noble - Never again

I tried to purchase a rental text book.The online process to purchase had an issue with my credit card.

They sent me an email asking me to update. So I did. But there was no way for me to process the sale again. I called customer service and they could not charge my credit card because the sale was final.

Even though I never paid for the book! I tried to pay for a book I had in my possession. I tried to pay for a book I wanted. I tried and tried.

I contacted several people to asking them to charge me for my purchase - none of them could. There was no way to reverse the sale. No way to credit the book back to the rental. There was no way for any B&N representative to charge me for my purchase.

But there was a way for them to email me threatening me that they would take me to a collection agency if I didn't pay. My account has a valid credit card and I have tried to pay. Now 5 months later I receive a phone call from a collection agency. And just a cold call, no idea who these people are harassing me for my checking account information.

BandN effing scu bag. I look forward to being next in line to follow - what was the name of that other big box bookstore?

Yeah, don't remember.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Layout of Store

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Barnes And Noble Textbook Rental
Review category
review #783808 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Barnes And Noble? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.