Barnes And Noble - No reasonable amount of books on African history.
Last week I watched a movie on Netflix about the Biafran war of Nigeria called "Half of a Yellow Sun" that took place in the 1960s. I was so awed by this movie that I wanted to learn a lot more about this subject. Of course where else to learn about a subject than going to your local bookstore.
I then decided to go to my local Barnes and Nobles book store in Houston, TX around the Westheimer and Hilcroft location. Once there I headed directly to the world history section. To my greatest surprise I was shocked to find less than 10 books on the whole Africa section. Now last time I looked on a map, Africa is a continent with 54 countries. The continent of Africa is 3 times the land mass of the USA but yet half a feet of space dedicated to Africa!!!!!
Now I am not sure if Barnes and Nobles is in the business of selecting which countries or continents to showcase a reasonable quantity of books but it sure doesn't look professional and serious as far as this book store is concerned.
Some great authors to consider are Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, Basil Davidson, Chimmanda Ngozi, Wangari Mathai, Buch Emecheta, Theophile Obenga, Ali Mazrui, Abdul Sheriff, Abd al-Rahman al-Rafai, Mamadou Diouf, John Henrik Clarke, Hassoum Ceesay.
I would like to see a whole space in Barnes and Nobles dedicated to the best literature (History, technology, science, medicine, current affairs, etc) written from the best Authors from the African continent. What a disgrace to Barnes and nobles.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Layout of Store|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Coordinate with African countries and collect the best works from each country related to history, literature, mythology and science. Make an effort to showcase these works to the general public as this could dramatically increase Barnes & Nobles Sales.
- Product or service
- Barnes And Noble World History Books
- Review category
- Periodicals & Publishing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "There is a long history concerning this company, one that is characterized by the company’s persistent failure to respond to communication and requests for documentation of invoiced charges. After placing an..."
- "HIS Publishing is a small children's book publisher. Recently reordered books from Crossblue Printing in CA but printed in China. Initial review of the production quality didn't reveal any..."
- "I sent my book to Xlibris in 2009 for publication. After the review book copy was sent to me, the graphics were blurry and I refused to publish. After being..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "We purchased the edge royalist 5th wheel a year ago October. Our first problem started 2 weeks after we purchased it. The roof on the slide out leaked like a..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "Purse arrived damaged, quality is *** and not what was pictured. They will not refund my money. What can we do to get them to refund my money? ..."
- "Dresses are knock offs poor quality and stitching was already coming undone and dress was see through. Paid $33.60 for a dress wanted to return for a refund said they..."
- "I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining..."